Mandavya First Grade College of Science and Commerce, was started in 2006. The College is affiliated to University of Mysore and recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka. Within a couple of years of its inception the college has gained popularity in southern part of Karnataka. The college is located on M.C.road Highway about 5 km. from the Mandya KSRTC bus stand. The college building is an architectural beauty situated amidst beautiful gardens and lawns.The College has achieved all round progress in the past two years. Our College has got more than 90% results in almost all the subjects.
Mandavya First Grade College is headed by Prof M Mayappa an eminent lecturer .Our college organized several seminars and workshops during the academic years. These seminars were organized with the Co-operation of Karnataka Horticulture & Agriculture departments. Hundreds of farmers participated in the workshop and learnt the importance of rotation of crops, conversion of their yields into value added products before marketing them.
Facilities available in the College
1. Spacious library and lounge. (Books – 8891, Magazines – 11,Journals – 22,News papers - 10)
2. Neatly furnished class rooms.
3. Laboratories with ultramodern equipment.
4. Free transport from KSRTC bus stand to college and back.
5. Campus interview by prestigious companies.
7. Placement cell and career guidance
8. NSS and NCC.
9. Ornithology study center.
10. Telephone booth.
11. Health Center.
12. Nature club.
13. Separate Hostel for girls and boys.
1. National merit scholarships.
2. Scholarships and fee concession given by social welfare department (Govt. of Karnataka).
3. Scholarships sponsored by the Karnataka Minorities- Development Corporation Ltd.
4. Scholarships to top scorers in each subject, in each class sponsored by Philanthropists.